What the actual heck. I am in shock that it’s the last month of my apprenticeship with FOCUS. What a ride it’s been!
This was our LAST Thursday night together with our UTA community before students head home for the summer
I wanted to start with sharing a post from social media that my friend, Sarah, posted to remind myself and each of you reading why college ministry is so uniquely valuable:
|This is Sarah and I celebrating our last FOJ one on one bible study!|
She's so right to notice her growth this year!
A ministry that impacts people for Jesus like this wouldn't be possible without all of our supporters. The cause you’re giving to is one God is really working through and one he really cares about. We appreciate you!
As I’ve written before in a previous post, I am staying on our UTA staff with FOCUS and will continue my role as a campus pastor there for the 2021-2022 school year (WOOHOO!), but I wanted to share some things I learned specifically in my apprenticeship year before solely looking ahead.
- I can and should be assertive with others because Jesus was assertive.
- My value is not in my performance- it’s okay to mess up and own up to my shortcomings.
- The Bible is full of different genres and contextual elements that affect what it communicates to us about God and how we should respond to it.
- God’s ability to move and work is not limited by my expectations (thank goodness).
- People being displeased with me doesn’t necessarily mean God is displeased with me.
- Jesus’ first concern isn’t what’s right or wrong, he’s primarily concerned with bringing LIFE. He’s not a moral police but a life-giver.
I hope maybe one or a couple of these things ministers to you! Feel free to comment, email, or text me if you want more details about any of those things...or ask how you can hear my sermon on May 27th where I'll talk about some of those lessons more in depth!
|All of our apprentices this year with Ronnie!! He's a pastor in our family of churches and has spent weekly time pouring into us. Love him, love my apprentice friends.|
- Over my fundraising! If you are interested in financially supporting me for this upcoming school year, please contact me! And whether or not you are able to contribute financially, if you could pray for me to reach my support goal, that’d be great!
- That I would finish well- taking advantage of last moments with students before they go home, being purposeful with the time I have left with my roommates (I get the keys to my new apartment May 31st!), and soaking up all I can from my last few classes.